Vestavia Hills Library
- The 34,000 sf “Library in the Forest” is located on 9 acres of property on Highway 31 in Vestavia Hills, Alabama.
- This project is the state of Alabama’s first LEED Gold certified library.
- Some unique features included in this state-of-the-art facility include a “living roof”, an observation deck that suspends over an outdoor classroom area.
- Vast expanses of glass open up the facility to its natural surroundings.
- Much of the wood used in the facility for millwork, doors, etc. was reclaimed from the original wooded site.